Eligibility To Train
- ALL applicants must have a significant proportion of their current primary role delivering 1:1 psychotherapy.
- ALL applicants must have the full support of their clinical supervisor to attend the training.
- ALL applications must have access to training cases for the duration of the course.
MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
Clinical psychologists (HCPC)
Counselling psychologists (HCPC)
Educations psychologists (HCPC)
Forensic psychologists (HCPC)
MRC Psych or equivalent (including Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in any psychiatric speciality)
(a) Have completed both long and short psychotherapy cases, and
(b) Have the equivalent of three years full-time psychiatric experience, and
(c) Provide a letter from the line manager confirming the above.
Registered Mental Health Nurses (NMC), Registered Learning Disability Nurses (NMC), Arts Psychotherapists (HCPC),
Occupational Therapists (HCPC) and Registered Social Workers who:
(a) Have mental health training, can recognise and assess common mental health problems and have
experience working in a mental health setting, and
(b) Have training and a minimum of two years experience of providing one-to-one psychotherapy, in addition
to their professional training, and
(c) Have provided a reference from their clinical supervisor, confirming the above.
MUST hold full accreditation by one of the following professional bodies:
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPCP)
- National Counselling & Psychotherapy Society (NCPS) Accredited Professional grade.
- Federation of Drug & Alcohol Practitioners (FDAP) who are NCAC accredited.
CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY TRAINEES
In their final year of training, with a letter of recommendation from their clinical supervisor, are
eligible to begin the Standard EMDR Europe course but cannot fully complete it until their
registration with HCPC is confirmed.
NHS England applicants: