- Richard Mitchell is an EMDR Europe accredited Senior Trainer
- He is the founding president of the EMDR Europe Association and has contributed significantly to the development and implementation of the highest standards in the theory and practice of EMDR throughout Europe.
- He was trained in EMDR by Francine Shapiro in 1993/4 and is one of the most respected and experienced EMDR trainers in Europe.
- He rigorously applies the highest standards to his training.
- He has an international reputation as a skilled senior trainer who has trained throughout the world as part of the EMDR Humanitarian assistance programme following national disasters, war and civil conflict.
- He has played a pivotal role in making the EMDR Europe Association the largest and most influential trauma related organisation in Europe. EMDR Europe now has over 7000 members.
- He is chair of the EMDR Europe Standards Committee and is responsible for the monitoring and accreditation of EMDR Europe trainers and training courses.
- Richard is a trustee of the EMDR UK & Ireland Association Council and is actively involved in the development of EMDR in the UK & Ireland
- Richard is a director of EMDR Works and EMDR Workshops Ltd
- Richard is Clinical Director of The Trauma Centre, Harley Street, London where he specialises in working with complex trauma.
- His background is in Mental Health Social work and psychodynamic and humanistic psychotherapy.
Richard is totally committed to the development of EMDR theory and practice in line with the most recent research and theoretical developments.
- Therese’s background is in mental health nursing and cognitive behavioural psychotherapy (CBT).
- She is an accredited and experienced EMDR Practitioner, consultant and facilitator.
- Therese has trained throughout the world as part of the EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Programme following national disasters, war and civil conflict.
- She is head of services for an NHS Trusts Behavioural Psychotherapy Service.
- Therese is also an Honorary Senior Research Fellow at Stirling University.
- She has an esteemed reputation as a researcher and has published widely.
- Therese has been presented with EMDRIA’s award for Outstanding Research in EMDR.
- Marian has twenty-five years experience working in adult acute mental health asa mental health social work practitioner and manager, predominately within the context of crisis and trauma services.
- She is an EMDR Europe-accredited practitioner, consultant and training facilitator.
- She specialises in the treatment of trauma and PTSD using EMDR with refugees and asylum seekers who have experienced torture and abuse.
- Marian also has clinical expertise in the treatment of adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
- Trained in Critical Incident work she is a member of the Pan London Psycho-social emergency planning group and has worked with victims of the London terrorist attacks.
- She is a member of the UK & Ireland Council, responsible for organising the annual conference.
- Marian currently works part-time within a Psychological Therapies Service for the NHS in London.
- She has a private practice in central London and Bath and works for The Trauma Centre, Harley Street.
- Keith Piper is an independent Consultant Clinical Psychologist with over 35 years experience.
- He is a Chartered Psychologist and registered with the Health Professions Council. He is a member of the BPS Division of Clinical Psychology.
- He was Head of a Department of a Clinical Health Psychology in the National Health Service in the UK until 2015.
- He was trained by Francine Shapiro in 1994 and 1995.
- He became an EMDR Facilitator and Accredited EMDR Consultant in 2000.
- He has held offices in the EMDR UK Association and Ireland as a Board member and Trustee. He was Secretary 2004-2007 and then President of the Association 2007-2008.
- Since 2008 he was a UK representative to EMDR Europe. He was elected as the Secretary of EMDR Europe and a member of the EMDR Europe Executive.
- He has contributed widely to the development of policy and governance in both the UK and Europe.
- He now has a private practice involving clinical work, medico-legal work, clinical supervision and trainings in EMDR.
Margaret is EMDR WORKS Ltd Training Co-ordinator and Gill deals with our venue arrangements, book-keeping and marketing. They both have backgrounds and extensive experience in NHS administration for multidisciplinary teams. Between them they will be able to handle your questions and give you all the information that you need to begin your training.
Margaret will be your first point of contact. She is known for her efficient and personable approach; you will experience both as she manages your questions, queries and applications for our EMDR Workshops and advanced classes.
Gill will process all your invoices and manage finance/payment queries. She will also liaise with our venues to ensure that your training days run smoothly.